Above: Jetstream 41 and 32 flying over Prestwick in the mid 1990’s.
- 12 March 2018 – 2018 United States Forest Service Airtanker Contracts Dominated by BAe 146/Avro RJ
- 15 February 2018 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft Wins Fleet Support Services Contract from Braathens Regional Airlines
- 16 October 2017 – BAe 146/Avro RJ Airtankers Play Significant Role in Fighting Increasing Number and Cost of Wildfires
- 30 March 2017 – BAe 146 and Avro RJ Airtankers Play Significant Roles in Combating 2016 Wildfires
- 27 March 2017 – BAE Systems Commemorates 27 Years of BAe 146/Avro RJ Operations by SWISS
- 6 March 2017 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft Wins Two-Year JetSpares Contract Extension From Braathens Regional Airlines.
- 25 September 2016 – 25th anniversary of Jetstream 41 first flight marked as largest operators find new applications.
- 3 September 2016 – 35 years after first flight of the BAe 146/Avro RJ, new operators are still putting aircraft into service.
- 8 March 2016 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft marks its commitment to the aerial firefighting community in North America by taking a prominent role at this year’s Aerial Firefighting International Conference and Exhibition.
- 16 November 2015 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft has won a two-year extension to its long-running Rate-Per-Flying-Hour (RPFH) spares support contract with leading Nepalese regional operator, Yeti Airlines.
- October 14 2015 – Airlink, the largest independent regional airline in Southern Africa, becomes the first BAE Systems Regional Aircraft customer to sign up for the new remodelled JetSpares Rate-Per- Flying-Hour (RPFH) programme.
- 9 August 2015 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft at Prestwick, Scotland celebrates the 80th anniversary of the founding of its predecessor company, Scottish Aviation (SAL).
Click on the image above to download an 80 year Prestwick aviation timeline.
- 23 July 2015 – Ian King, Chief Executive of BAE Systems, visits Regional Aircraft’s Prestwick headquarters.
- 20 May 2015 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft signs long-term spares support agreements with six key vendors on the BAe 146/Avro RJ regional jetliner.
- 24 March 2015 – BAE Systems wins European Aviation Safety Authority (EASA) approval for a significant increase in payload/range for its BAe 146-100/200 regional jet operating from an unpaved runway in Australia.
- 3 April 2014 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft obtains European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval to upgrade all previous TCAS 7.0 installations on Boeing 737s and Boeing 757s to the new TCAS 7.1 standard.
- 20 January 2014 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft achieves European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Form 1 certification approval for an aircraft part for the BAe 146 regional jetliner using innovative new 3D printing (Additive Manufacture) technology.
- 28 November 2013 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft awarded one of the highest accolades from the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) for its part in the conversion of two BAe 146-200QC (Quick Change) aircraft that were converted from commercial to military aircraft configuration for use by the Royal Air Force.
- 11 September 2013 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft wins contracts to provide specialist engineering contributions to a number of BAE Systems-built BAe 146/Avro RJ Airtanker (aerial firefighter) aircraft conversion programmes underway in North America.
- 6 May 2013 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft obtains European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval to upgrade all previous TCAS 7.0 installations on its BAe 146/Avro RJ fleet Europe to the new TCAS 7.1 standard.
- 6 May 2013 – EASA extends BAE Systems Regional Aircraft’s Part 21 G and J approvals, allowing it to work on any aircraft type for both design and manufacturing work.
- 6 May 2013 – BAE Systems and Saywell International extend Jetstream 31/32 spares distribution agreement for a further five year.
- 8 November 2012 – EASA approval received for Jetstream 32 Life Extension Programme
- 18 June 2012 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft wins 15.5 million Ministry of Defence contract to convert two BAe 146Q airlines for the Royal Air Force.
- 10 February 2012 – Major rate-per-flying-hour support contracts won from Swiss International Airlines and cargo carrier West Atlantic covering 64 aircraft.
- 10 February 2012 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft introduces ‘Parts Plus’ spares delivery service for new BAe 146/Avro RJ operators.
- 10 February 2012 – Third contract won from Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation this time covering manufacture of flight test equipment for the Mitsubishi Regional Jet.
- 16 September 2011 – BAE System Regional Aircraft and Saywell International celebrate 10 years of BAe 748 spares support.
- 18 July 2011 – Agreement finalised for sale of the regional aircraft portfolio and associated Asset Management business. The new company is called Falko Regional Aircraft Ltd.
- 26 May 2011 – Agreement reached for the US$187 million sale of the regional aircraft fleet and Asset Management business to certain funds managed by Fortress Investment Group LLC of New York.
- 8 February 2010 – BAE Systems Regional Aircraft wins engineering contract from Mitsubishi Regional Jet.
Above: Mitsubishi Regional Jet – MRJ.
- 13 December 2007 – GCAT Flight Academy announces the acquisition of BAE Systems Regional Aircraft’s Customer Training Centre at Woodford.
- November 1999 – British Aerospace and Marconi Electronic Systems merged. The company is renamed BAE Systems.
- 27 March 1991 – Roll-out of BAe Jetstream 41
- 25 January 1982 – Roll-out of BAe Jetstream 31
- 20 May 1981 – Roll-out of BAe146 at Hatfield
- April 1977 – British Aerospace formed as a nationalised corporation by the merger of British Aircraft Corporation, Hawker Siddeley and Scottish Aviation.
Above: Wartime aircraft maintenance and modification work being undertaken at Prestwick.
Above: Twin Pioneer prototype G-ANTP flying over the relocated 1938 Glasgow Empire Exhibition ‘Palace of Engineering’ at Scottish Aviation Limited Prestwick circa late 1950’s.